Sunday, July 16, 2017

SAO & THE MUSE II

Hello friends! Eme here. And although no one asked, Yes. The A'naala girls are live and direct in Lagos. We haven't been here much since our launch back in October, but if you've been following our Instagram stories, then you'd see that Steph and I have been more than busy discovering the incredible art scene down here.

Now let's talk about Sao & the Muse II shall we? Unbelievably good. Honestly. Whoever's idea this was- you're doing amazing. No really. Probably the best art event I've been to in Lagos so far. The installations by @painterabe & @niyiokeowodesign  easily stole the show. Everyone and their mum took photos with the stylised vehicles on display. Myself included. We all know I love a good photo op.





There was also a cute little art market where you could buy arts and crafts. Steph and I were there pretty early and had lovely chats with the vendors.


Massive shout out to the lovely @ojuolapea who it was such a pleasure meeting! She took the most amazing photographs of Lagos and we had a very satisfying conversation about our mutual distaste for Nigerian law school.

Also finally got to meet the mind behind @popartii who I must have stalked on Instagram for about a month before trying to figure out the perfect time to ask for an interview for GTK (he said yes! whoop!). He was so lovely and I ended up buying a really cool bag from them which I will be posting on the gram soon.


Also met this amazing crafts man who introduced himself as Paul the artist! He does the most incredible traditional carved sculptures. If you want his phone number let me know!


Also it's really important at this point to note that Steph found her spirit animal. I reached out to her for a quote on the experience and she replied: "It was like meeting the person inside my head and meeting the person I hope to be at the same time". Niyi was cool/ amazing/ super friendly and his installation looked especially sick when it got dark and the lighting courtesy of @512activity  was incorporated into the piece.


 The live painting happening was also a treat! & I have to say it was such a delight getting to meet and chat to loads of creatives as well. Shout out to @frederickarchibong @iamdasidy and @apreelgeek it was a pleasure to meet you.

Could this be Alexa Meade inspired? LOVE


There NEEDS to be a Sao & the Muse III soon please. I will make efforts to stay away from the cocktails next time. See you next week guys! I bid you a do with a photo of me and my girl on a keke courtesy of @theyellowoflagos.


No comments:

Post a Comment