Sunday, November 6, 2016

DECIEVE THE EYE






First of I'd like to give a big shoutout to my girl J for being a sport & letting me paint her. Pretty sure she was questioning her friendship with me half way through lol. (J If you're reading this love me please).

Anywho, here’s a little treat for you guys! I’ve made a little video of a fun experiment I did recently. This project was largely inspired by the artist Alexa Meade. She is an artist who specializes in painting real life 3D objects/ people and creating an illusion which turns them into two dimensional expressive paintings. She actually has a youtube channel which I definitely recommend you have a look at. She describes her paintings as a reverse Trompe-L’Oeil.

"Unlike a traditional Trompe-L'oeil painting which tricks the eye into thinking a 2D canvas might be a real 3D space, I do the opposite: I take the 3D world and create the illusion that it is a 2D painting."

In this little experiment I do my take on Alexa Meade’s unique style!
-Eme




No comments:

Post a Comment