Sunday, July 23, 2017

THE SELF EXPRESSION EXHIBITION


Hello again, Eme here! So last weekend Steph & I had the opportunity to officially cover 'The Self Expression Exhibition' organised by Gbenga Olaniyi and Tiwa Adegbuyi. The turn out was out of this world and we got the chance to meet & speak to so many creatives. Not to be weird or anything (probs too late for that) but it kind of felt like a huge family reunion. *Cues reunited and it felt so gooood*. Again I'm not trying to be weird.

We interviewed some of the artists, getting to know a little bit more about the pieces they respectively chose to represent the theme of the exhibition. The outcome of which is this absolutely incredible 7:00-minute video edited and shot by baby Steph herself. Comment below/ on youtube / insta / twitter  & show her some love if you like the video! (She could teach you- but she'd have to charge).






NB: So Will's audio, unfortunately, got lost for some reason. We had to improvise with freeze frames and a vn he kindly sent over! Sorry bout that Will! Our bad.

Oh and guess what. There's more! You can find full interviews with the individual artists on our youtube channel HERE. Don't forget to like comment and subscribe! We love it when that happens. But for real, go watch those individual interviews. The explanations behind them really give you a heightened appreciation for the work.

This post would never be complete without talking about the amazing spoken word presented by Lanaire Aderemi and Dami Osuneye. I kind of wrote off spoken word for years without really giving it a chance- but I have to say after hearing those two I was so moved and I think I have been converted/ don't know what I was thinking writing it off in the first place. I'm really looking forward to hearing more from them!

"You're doing amazing sweetie" (Photo by @TheFifographer)


I'm going to link the contacts of all the artists we interviewed below! Check out their work and show them some love too!



1 comment:

  1. thank you!you'll definitely be hearing more from me by Gods grace

    ReplyDelete