Sunday, February 19, 2017

A'NAALA AT THE PROPHECY POP UP STORE.


Hey, guys! Steph here. Last week I headed over to the Prophecy pop up store in South London. Prophecy is an up and coming clothing brand run by 4 guys which they started as a Tumblr blog called "Living Lit" and then subsequently kicked off as the prophecy clothing line. The pop-up store was alive with moody lights, trap music, and a healthy attendance of urban hipsters. So while I was there I had a quick interview with 3 out of 4 of the boys behind the brand and also a little feel around of the room for myself. The interview is in the video below! (p.s. pardon the graininess it was super dark).








I am particularly fond of the graphic design of the shirts. Their choice of font is especially reminiscent of Gothic aesthetics in medieval time periods whilst  the imagery chosen for the designs have elements of Renaissance style paintings to them. I find this it particularly interesting as the Renaissance art movement is regarded as a cultural bridge between the middle ages and modern history. Prophecy makes a brilliant contrast  between their classical approach to graphic design and the urban nature of the silhouettes in hoodies and t-shirts. It's sort of a translation of classicism into the new age. I'm not sure if that was intentional but it's definitely been cleverly put together.















Special thanks to Ella and Ony for helping me cover this event as well! Love you guys. Also shout out to Eme for that one paragraph where she awff on the art history. What would I do without you girl.

To get in touch with Prophecy follow them on twitter @ProphecyClo and on Instagram @prophecy.clo.
Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment